Ok, so last Sunday the whole eating in a volcano thing was a bit built up. The crater in the pictures was the inside of the volcano I'm pressuming. The volcano has been inactive for so long a village has settled the filled in earth. The restaurant was on the outside rim/mouth. That's the deal.
Last night I went to the Middle School Arts night at Alliance Academy (where my host mom is an admin). THere was three types of bands, two drama performances, a choir performance, and even a fashion show. The band was about 8 people. They tried really hard; it was endearing. The fashion show was put on by a 7th grade girl with Autism. The dresses she did were very well finished and cool designs. I thought it was great the school gae her an opportunity to shine like that. One of the boys in drama has EBD. He handled himself really well. I say that mainly because in one of the skits they did the trust fall and his support almost completely dropped him. The rest of the kids had their sqeauky moments, but that was to be expected. I thought it was a cute night.
Today at school Andy didn't have any exams scheduled so we had the whole day to plan. I really needed the help. Monday I start teaching a unit on the Middle Ages. That sounds great, but not so much when the last time I studied the topic I was in 9th grade. Fortunately by looking for activites for the kids to do I have relearned a lot. And learning is always good.
Tonight I'm supposed to be going to a local art gallery featuring Vero's (my host mom) friend's mom who recently passed away. Until then, I've got to keep planning this unit then the Civil War unit and an ancient African civilizations unit. It's work, but I really like doing it.
slaud, paz, amor
No comments:
Post a Comment