Thursday I went out with the teachers to play a pick-up basketball game. My basketball skills are horrible now, but at least my lung capacity seems to be ok! At first it felt like I was breathing so much but the air was going nowhere but then when I ended up not dying it was ok. :) Yesterday after school I rode the bus back with Jeff and Andy (a teacher and my mentor teacher) and we went to a hookah bar called Sharwma. The sandwiches there were like gyros and SO GOOD! Afterward we met up the rest of the crew and Sharwma, by crew I mean more teachers, we went to a Chinese place and met up with even more teachers from Americano. Some student teachers were there so we made plans for today. Our plans were to go to the historic district and meet at Basilica. Well, I never got a call from them or missed the call... so I went on my own. I walked around for a while and took some pictures then came back. While I was there I saw a street demonstration or protest about all the people who have disappeared; there is a picture below about it. Now I'm going to try to ride Teleferico, a skilift/gandola ride, up to the top of a mountain where the view is awesome apparently and you can see all the surrounding volcanoes. Hopefully I'll get to that today because it's insanely warm right now and sunny. The teachers invited me out to go hiking down to a place with hot springs at some point so I'm excited about doing that, too. Tomorrow I am going to the Center of the World but only after eating lunch in a village that's inside a volcano! My host mom said we have to go early because in the afternoon a fog decends into the volcano and you can't see a thing. I'll come back and add some pictures, for sure.
Sarah Kate! It looks like you're having a great time! I'm super jealous about your volcano lunch, that sounds awesome!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow! How do you live inside a volcano?!?! That's so cool! You'll definitely have to post pictures!
ReplyDeleteim calling your bluff on this whole village in a volcano thing....put up pictures and then maybe ill believe you :P
ReplyDelete