Yesterday, Paige, Allison and I went to an ATM so I could take out money. Right after I got the cash we had to grab a cab and bolt. There was a guy on a phone watching me and telling another guy, close to us but hiding, about me taking out money. Thank goodness Paige and Allison were there to play lookout and translators. My host mom said it was because we didn't go to a mall or to an ATM with a guard. Other than that almost scare, everything is going really well. The roads and driving really remind me of Russia; even the buildings remind me of Luga. The altitude has not affected me yet which is really nice, but honestly I'm waiting for it to hit me like a freight train.Oh, just tried to do spellcheck and it told me I misspelled almost every word. Then I remembered my internet dictionary is in Spanish. Haha!
Here are some videos I took last night of my host family dancing. (Sorry they are sideways) The first is Abby, my host mom's granddaughter. She's 1 yr and 8 months. The second is my host brother and sister, Paige y Caro. I tried to dance a little with everyone else but fortunately no one recorded me.
I hear so much Spanish in these videos!!!! :)
ReplyDelete