08 January 2011

Arrival

So I made it to Quito. Everything went very smoothly I'm glad to report :). The young lady next to me on the plane and I tried to talk. She told me all about Quito since she's a native. I listened intently but to no avail because all of it was in Spanish. Not only did I "learn" about Quito, I also learned just how horrific my Spanish skills have gotten. But she was really nice and appreciated that I was trying.
The view coming into Quito was gorgeous! The night skyline was amazing. I tried to take a picture but the lights blurred together so the city looks more like waves on the ocean.
My host mom and her son-in-law picked me up. They are so nice and polite! Their English is fantastic, too.
The apartment is flawless. From the street there is a gate. Through that gate you go down stairs and onto a patio, which includes a fountain, and to the front door. I cannot describe the apartment in words so I'll add pictures once I take some. My room has closets but they are more like armoires built into the wall. The bed is low but I am used to that from my own apartment. I have my own full bath- so nice!
I'm off the unpack because apparently tomorrow and Sunday are going to be very busy!
Salud, Paz, Amor





1 comment:

  1. their apartment is so pretty! what a beautiful set up. keep posting pictures and videos, i love them!!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete