Wednesday I went on a 9th grade field trip to the Metropolitan Cultural Center in historic Quito. We went there for the World Press Photo exhibit. After seeing all the exhibit students and teachers took a break at the cafe and had coffee while waiting for the bus to come back and pick us up. Saturday I went to Otavalo with my host mom and some friends. Otavalo is the place where the indian market is. I loaded up on souvenirs. I plan on going back to the market in Mariscal, a neighborhood in Quito, to get one or two more things. Then I will be down with shopping! Really I would love to buy more but I only have so much money and so much luggage space. On the way back from Otavalo we stopped by the REAL Mitad del Mundo. This is place where the indigenous told the Europeans the equator was, but the Europeans made the monument in the wrong location anyway. We know it's wrong now because of GPS technology. So the indigenous were right.
No comments:
Post a Comment